Join the the UndocuAlly Working Group and the Cal Poly Dream Center in supporting undocumented students at Cal Poly SLO and creating an UndocuFriendly Cal Poly.
The UndocuAlly Working Group currently hosts private and public UndocuAlly Training Series, supplemental workshops and ally support events. Scroll down below to read about them and register!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with further questions!
General 4-hour, 3-part Training Series
During the academic quarters, the working group will be offering sessions of each installment in the 3 part training series focused on supporting undocumented students.
- Foundational Knowledge (Training 1) provides participants with knowledge on how to best support undocumented students in accordance with California and federal law.
- The second installment focuses on Taking the Next Steps (Training 2) in supporting undocumented students within participants' respective university offices/departments/programs.
- The third installment discusses Becoming an Ally (Training 3) to Cal Poly's undocumented student population and thinking about institutional change.
General UndocuAlly Training Registration:
- Tuesday, April 9th from 9:30 AM-10:30 AM in Bldg. 52, Rm. E-29
- Thursday, April 11th from 2:00 PM- 3:00 PM in Bldg. 52, Rm. E-29
- Friday, April 26th from 9:30 AM- 10:30 AM in Bldg. 52, Rm. E-28
- Monday, June 10th from 9:30 AM- 10:30 AM in TBD
- Tuesday, April 30th from 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM in Bldg. 52, Rm. E-29
- Thursday, May 9th from 1:15- 3:00 PM in Bldg. 52, Rm. E-29
- Tuesday, June 11th from 9:00- 11:00 AM in Bldg. 52, Rm. E-29
- Tuesday, May 14th from 10:00 AM- 12:00 PM in Bldg. 52, Rm. E-29
- Thursday, May 16th from 12:00- 2:00 PM in Bldg. 52, Rm. E-29
- Wednesday, June 12th from 11:30 AM- 1:30 PM in Bldg. 52, Rm. E-29
4 Hour Training: Trainings 1, 2, & 3
- Friday, May 17th from 11:00 AM- 3:00 PM (Full)
Private UndocuAlly Training Series
Interested in bringing the UndocuAlly Training series to your office/department or organization? We can help!
Several offices, departments and organizations at Cal Poly have benefited from having sessions with their colleagues because it offers an opportunity to discuss with one another how to create an UndocuFriendly office/department/organization.
Check out our impact page on how to get involved.
If you are interested in having a private training but are not part of the Cal Poly community, we recommend getting in contact with the Central Coast Coalition for Undocumented Student Success for support.
If you are a high school teacher, hoping to bring information about undocumented student support in higher education, please get in contact with the Cal Poly Dream Center.
Whether you took the trainings in 2015 or just this past quarter, allies should stay up to date! We are now offering supplemental workshops, which are open to anyone who has done at least one hour of our UndocuAlly Training.
Supplemental Workshop Registration:
Supporting Undocumented Survivors of Gender Based Violence
- Coming Soon!
2018 California Laws
- Coming Soon!
UndocuAlly Donuts & Dialogue Workshops
This spring, we are happy to be able to bring UndocuAlly Donuts & Dialogue, a series for UndocuAllies to mingle with one another and provide support to one another.
Donuts & Dialogues Registration:
Spring 2019 Donuts & Dialogues Dates
- Coming Soon!